Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Bantam Sask first program that me and Sam attended as spectators today had more WHL scouts than I have ever seen in one rink at a time...even ran into the Portland winter hawk's scout from Vancouver, who being an a gringo hockey player, aka like rowdy, was very surprised to see yours truly in this part of the world. Watched the number one ranked prospect today, Alex Forsburg who has a cannon for a shot, and great hockey sense combined with a big body. Talking with a few scouts they have him number one, my only question mark is his skating and it isn't at the level I expected. A little slow footed, and lacking knee bend but he gets it done at this level...though at the next level who can say. Forsburg's team had a little guy who reminded me of my Bro, played like a little roller ball hammering guys at every chance. Man, I must admit that I admired his heart and tenacity which he used to make an impact on every shift...if you can't get it done offensively, then get it done by being a physical force. Old school philosophy, and there's nothing like the old school which a buddy of mine is the headmaster of. Stay tuned next week for a update from the Melville millionaires camp, storied history of a old junior A franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment