Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy days in Winkler


First I like to mention the reasons why I have created this blog. The blog is for friends and family to be updated in regards to Sam and our different experiences with hockey, and small towns in the prairies. It's sort of a moving diary and the internet is a wonderful tool for sharing experiences and communications with others. If at any time I come across as more than a slap happy parent, then I offer my apologies.

This weekend we are heading out of province to Winkler, Manitoba. Funny name isn't Winkler and it reminds me of the show happy days and the Fonz! Anyways its a bit of drive, roughly 5 hours and is located in the Southern part of Manitoba. Though Sam's camp experiences have been good, Winkler comes highly recommended as a hockey destination. The General Manager of the Flyers has 30 years experience and has a great reputation as a solid guy. Sam can have a look at the MJ (Manitoba Junior A league nickname) and the flyers and MJ can have a look at him. Going somewhere, working hard and experiencing the hockey, and meeting new people are a growth industry for a young guy. What is the cliche, "experiences make you richer" is one that I proscribe too. Stay tuned for photos and stories from Henry Winkler.

No comments:

Post a Comment